5/29/10

Granola Cereal


I made Granola for my kids quite often. I remember the first time I was introduced to it. I was babysiting for some friends in Texas and their kids wanted the granola for breakfast. I cooked it just like you do oatmeal and gave it to them. They told me it didn't taste or look anything like what their mother gave them. When she came home, she laughted and told me it was served just like a cold cereal. Lesson learned and I found a great recipe for my kids.



1 cup honey


½ cup oil


¼ cup butter


½ cup water


2 teaspoon vanilla


Pinch of salt



Mix well and stir over low heat until honey is melted


Add ½ of mixture to 10 cups of oats.


Stir until all of the oats are moistened. Put on 3 cookie sheets and place in 200* oven for 1 ½ hours. Stir every 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add remaining liquid. Mix thoroughly. Return to 225* oven for 1 hour or until dry and slightly toasted. Put in large bowl and add 1 cup wheat germ.


You can add any or all of the following:



1 cup chopped walnuts


1 cup chopped almonds


1 cup coconut


1 cup sesame seeds


1 cup sunflower seeds


1 cup dried and crushed bananas


1 cup dried and crushed apples


1 cup raisins

No comments:

Post a Comment